Humans like to pass down "wisdom" to the next generation, whether it's wise or not. Just for fun, here are some of the great youth coaching catchphrases to be on the lookout for this season. We are all guilty at one time or another.
1. Just throw strikes... If only it were that easy.
2. Get that elbow up... And then tuck it in correctly in the blink of an eye.
3. Throw over the top... A good recipe for shoulder pain.
4. Reach back and fire... If you are a stiff-armed catapult.
5. A walk's as good as a hit... Not usually.
6. Great swing... Perhaps, but if it was that good, you probably would've hit the ball.
7. Have a level swing... Level to what?
8. Feet shoulder width apart... A good recipe for a choppy swing.
9. Have fun!!!... Yes sir!
10. Watch for the changeup!... And good luck being ready for this here fastball.
Leave a comment if you have any more gems.
Get your glove in the dirt -- I understand where this is coming from, but how many balls are actually fielded rolling in the dirt?ReplyDelete
Throw the barrel at the ball
You need to catch that ball! -- like little Johnny thought he was supposed to miss it instead!
I almost included your 2nd one.ReplyDelete
Yeah -- I cringe when I hear #2 coming from the stands, but then it reminds me to remind my parents to "cheer rather than instruct." As you know, the mileage varies on the "cheer don't instruct" request.ReplyDelete