Humans like to pass down "wisdom" to the next generation, whether it's wise or not. Just for fun, here are some of the great youth coaching catchphrases to be on the lookout for this season. We are all guilty at one time or another.
1. Just throw strikes... If only it were that easy.
2. Get that elbow up... And then tuck it in correctly in the blink of an eye.
3. Throw over the top... A good recipe for shoulder pain.
4. Reach back and fire... If you are a stiff-armed catapult.
5. A walk's as good as a hit... Not usually.
6. Great swing... Perhaps, but if it was that good, you probably would've hit the ball.
7. Have a level swing... Level to what?
8. Feet shoulder width apart... A good recipe for a choppy swing.
9. Have fun!!!... Yes sir!
10. Watch for the changeup!... And good luck being ready for this here fastball.
Leave a comment if you have any more gems.